The Peterborough - Kawarthas Chapter of The Council of Canadians
Welcome to the Peterborough - Kawarthas Chapter of The Council of Canadians!
The Council of Canadians is an independent national citizens’ organization committed to:
- safeguarding our social programs
- promoting economic justice
- renewing our democracy
- strengthening our sovereignty
- promoting alternatives to economic globalization and corporate-style free trade
- preserving our environment
The Peterborough-Kawarthas Chapter had its first official meeting May 16, 2001. We are one of the seventy local chapters of the Council of Canadians.
As such, our mandate is to:
- work on national campaigns and local issues
- educate and raise awareness
- host public events
- facilitate discussion
- share Council campaign information
- organize demonstrations
- lobby our municipal, provincial and federal government members
- work in local coalitions
- write letters to our local papers
- do anything else that will help to achieve the goals of the Council of Canadians
The Peterborough-Kawarthas Chapter invites you to join us in our struggle.
Please visit the National Council of Canadians web site where you will find a wealth of information about the organization, past and current campaigns and our role in fighting for social justice for all Canadians.